Tuesday, April 3, 2007

April Meeting

SPPP regularly meets every 1st Monday of the month so last Monday was our April meeting. Since April is the birth month of Sir Deri, Sir Gari, Alex Ares and myself, we prepared a sumptuous buffet dinner for our members and guests.

The contest theme for the month is Open so we can submit any photo as long as it's about people. As a rule, no entry...pay penalty. We had as judges Bern Mejias (WPPP President), Carlo Zamora (a really very serious hobbyist and award-winning photographer) and Rudy Fontanilla (a seasoned portrait photographer with a fashion statement... Mr. White! Hehehe!)

The winners are:

1st: Ibarra Deri

2nd:Angeline Rili

3rd: Edwin Maximo (this guy never fails to win every month. hmmm...watch out for him)
4th: Leah Taas (whew!!! that was close... thought I lost my touch already.)


5th: Alex Ares

We also had a shoot with our guest model, Daniella Sevilla, a 16-year old Fil-Am girl who's really very pretty and truly energetic. The shoot lasted until 2am and she was still so perky but sadly though, the photographers (who are mostly in their senior years were sighing and secretly complaining that it was past their bedtime. Hahaha!)

Andy Samaniego posted some of his shots of Daniella in his blog. Check them out. He even gave a very inspiring intro about Adobe Lightroom.

I'll blog later guys... my phone won't stop ringing... lots of Tanay mentor series inquiries since I woke up this AM.

P.S. I posted some of my Daniella shots in my blog also.

1 comment: